Zoom cloud meetings
Zoom is a cloud video conference service providing application. It is an American Communcati9n Technology whose large amount of workforce is based in China. It’s headquarters is located in San Joe’s, California.
The company was established since 2011 but, it started to generate profit since 2019 and in 2020 it got very famous amongst the users during the lockdown due to COVID-19. As all the companies as well as education institutes were looking for some way to keep going. So, most of them initially started with Zoom application.
Zoom provides both paid and unpaid plans for its users. The application provides various features like white board to write or draw to make people understand one can use white board or the feature of screen sharing with which you can share the power point presentation or Photo or any other material to make others understand. It provides audio calling, video calling as well as messaging facility.
But gradually, the users of the Zoom have decreased due to some of the security issues.
Features of Zoom
One on one meetings- The host can host end numbers of one-on-one meetings even with the unpaid plan.
Group video conferencing- The host who have the unpaid plan can only host the meeting for 40 minutes with 100 meeting members. Whereas, the host who have the paid plan can host a meeting with 500 members and there is no time limit for that.
White board- the host can use the white board to explain anything during the meeting to the other members.
Screen sharing- tou can share your screen during the meeting and then the participants can also see what you see and it’ll make them understand easily.
How to use ?
Host a meeting-
• Download the application.
• Login in to Zoom Application.
• Then click on schedule a meeting.
• Set the date and time for the meeting and then click on add invitees and send the meeting invites to others.
Join a meeting-
Join the meeting at the time it is scheduled for and then if it is a locked room wait for the host to approve you and let you in if it is open you can directly join.
• Unpaid- This tier is free. Zoom provides the users to make unlimited number of calls. But, the duration of each call could not be more than 40 minutes. And the maximum number of participants can only be 100.
• Zoom pro- This tier costs $14.99 per Month. The host can make unlimited calls. Duration of a single call can maximum be 24 hours.
• Zoom Business- This tier costs $19.99 per month. The meeting can be held with minimum of 10 members. The host can it almost have similar limits as zoom pro and also allows the host to record the meetings in cloud.
• Zoom Enterprise- This tier also costs $19.99 per month. The meeting can be held with a minimum of 100 participants. In this tier 1000+ participants can join single room. It offers unlimited cloud storage for recordings, discounts on zoom rooms and webinars and also customer support.
• Optimal- Zoom Rooms- you can enjoy a free trial for 30 days. After which it will costs $49 per month. And, webinar at zoom costs $40 per month.
For detailed information about the zoom’s plans and pricing Visit: https://zoom.us/pricing
Recently, there have been a number of concerns about security of the account of the zoom users as well as about the unwanted guests entering meetings who are termed as Zoombombers.
So, zoom have made several moves to counter these activities. Zoom has released a number of updates to the application. To improve the security measures and create a safe space for the users.
One of the features is that the host has a ability to keep a check and let only those to enter the room who are actually allowed to join the meeting and also you can report the Participant. There are many other measures also taken by the company.
So, if you are looking for a video conferencing application to conduct meetings and webinars Online. You should consider zoom.